We're glad you are interested in becoming a merchant as a Maker or Designer on the Great Lakes Made Marketplace! If you would like to sell your products you must be a maker or designer within the Great Lakes Region. This includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin as well as the Canadian province of Ontario.
How the Marketplace Works
We designed the online shop to curate and feature products from the states and province surrounding the Great Lakes. We bring in traffic through social media and advertising at no cost to the merchants (Makers & Designers). They list the products and fulfill the orders through the Maker & Designer Marketplace.
No listing fees
No storefront fees
No advertising fees
No hidden fees
Covered by us (FREE for you):
Paypal/Stripe Transaction fee
Paypal Processing Fee
- When a shopper purchases through our website they choose to pay with Shopify Payments (Stripe) or Paypal. There is a gateway fee of 2.9% + .30 per transaction.
- When we pay you there is a 2% payment processing fee
Advertising via Search Engines or Social Media
Blog Posts Featuring Products, Events, Etc.
Listing Products (Requirements)
- Description about the product
- The required Location Icon that indicates the state you designed or made the product in here: Required Location Icons | You can access this page at anytime in the footer of greatlakesmade.com
- Your Return Policy
- Fulfillment Time (how long does it take you to make the product and then ship it?)
You will be able to list your products in your portal. You can log in to your portal under the "Quick Links" section in the footer of greatlakesmade.com. Each product listing is required to include one of the location icons to display where the products were made or designed. It can be uploaded in the product images or in the description:
Sign me up! How do I Register?
You register to sell here: Become a Merchant
We need your PayPal e-mail address in order to pay you when your product sells. The payment gateway fee, transaction fee, and processing fee is covered by us when an order is placed.